My Film Making Experience

I share my experience in L.A. as a filmmaker student at the New York Film Academy.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Second Semester Has Started

Hi!
FR: Hello!

There we go, the 2nd Semester has started yet. After a quarter on digital (24P), we go back to film. I can feel my passion for the film. I'm still not a big fan of digital.

FR: On y est, le 2eme semestre vient de commencer. Apres un trimestre sur le digital (24P), on est de retour sur le film. Je rescens ma passion pour le film. Je ne suis toujours pas un grand passionne du digital.

So, this week is gonna be a 16mm color sync sound and next week is gonna be magic with the 35mm the whole week. It's gonna be awesome and just like a dream.

FR: Donc cette semaine, on est sur le 16mm couleur sync avec son et la semaine prochaine sera magique avec le 35mm toute la semaine. Ca va etre grandiose, comme un reve.

I'm thinking about what I'll use for my final film. Digital looks not that bad and is very cheap. But the 16mm looks very good (not as good as 35 though) but costs something like USD 1000.- for 1 hour versus digital USD 5.- for 1 hour. But experience of the film is probably worth the 1000 dollars.

FR: Je suis en train de penser comment je vais tourner mon film final. Le digital n'est pas trop mal et est tres peu cher. Mais le 16mm est superbe (pas aussi bon que le 35) mais le cout est gigantesque, genre USD 1000.- pour une heure de film contre USD 5.- pour le digital pour 1 heure. Mais l'experience du film vaut probablement les 1000 dollars.

Well, my point is what is the best on my resume ? Digital or film ? The answer is probably film, so, I'll see. And no way for the 35, it costs USD 600.- for 10 minutes, this is definitely way to expensive. Last point for the film, I would be almost the only student on film, the others want to shoot on digital execpt for both of them. Good point for me.

FR: Le truc c'est qu'est-ce qui est mieux sur mon CV ? Digital ou film ? La reponse est probablement film, donc, je verrai bien. Et impossible pour le 35, ca coute USD 600.- pour 10 minutes. C'est definitvement beaucoup trop cher. Dernier point pour le film, je serais plus ou moins le seul etudiant sur film, les autres veulent tourner sur le digital a l'exception de deux autres. Bon point pou moi.

Have a very good day.
FR: Excellente journee.

Marc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home